The CHU Learning Commons facilitates students becoming critical and ethical consumers of information, effective problem-solvers, capable decision-makers, and innovative communicators.
Resources and Services:
- 2 Computer labs
- Individual research assistance appointments and citation help
- Tutoring center
- Sectioned group-study areas
- Support with academic computing tools (Populi, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint)
- Interactive social media assistance (blog, Twitter, Facebook)
- Library instruction for whole classes
- Substantial collection of ESL Readers with audio CD accompaniment
- Access to full-text scholarly journal articles
- Business eBook Collection
- Assortment of online reference materials from Credo
Library databases offer access to information resources not available on the open web. The username and password can be found in Populi.
- Business Source Complete offers comprehensive coverage with scholarly articles in full-text in all disciplines of business including marketing, management, accounting, banking, finance, and more.
- Business Book Summaries
- eBook Business Collection (EBSCOhost)
- Entrepreneurial Studies Source
- Research Starters – Business
- Small Business Reference Center
General Education Resources
- Academic Search Premier offers multidisciplinary, scholarly articles in full-text from academic journals and magazines
- Credo Reference offers millions of full-text articles from a variety of multidisciplinary reference books (dictionaries, encyclopedias, etc.)
- eBook Collection (EBSCOhost)
- Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia offers over 25,000 encyclopedic entries covering a variety of subject areas
- GreenFILE offers scholarly, government and general-interest titles includes content on global warming, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling, and more.
- History Reference Center offers full text from more than 1,620 reference books, encyclopedias and non-fiction books, cover to cover full text for more than 150 leading history periodicals, nearly 57,000 historical documents, more than 78,000 biographies of historical figures, more than 113,000 historical photos and maps, and more than 80 hours of historical video
- Legal Information Reference Center contains more than 225 full-text publications and thousands of legal forms
- MasterFILE Premier provides full-text periodical content covering virtually every subject area of general interest; it also contains full text for nearly 500 reference books and over 164,400 primary source documents, as well as an Image Collection of over 592,000 photos, maps & flags.
- Newspaper Source offers full-text for more than 40 (U.S.) & international newspapers
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection offers information on topics in emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry & psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational & experimental methods
- Regional Business News offers coverage of more than 80 regional business publications covering all metropolitan and rural areas within the United States
- Science Reference Center contains full-text for nearly 640 science encyclopedias, reference books, periodicals, etc. Topics covered include: biology, chemistry, earth & space science, environmental science, health & medicine, history of science, life science, physics, science & society, science as inquiry, scientists, technology and wildlife
- TOPICsearch contains full text for over 150,961 articles from 475 diverse sources including international and regional newspapers; EBSCO’s unparalleled collection of periodicals, biographies, public opinion polls, book reviews, pamphlets, and government information